Dr. Back offers Cosmetic Acupuncture. She has studied the Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture System. All acupuncture treatments are done on a Biomat.
What you may see from cosmetic acupuncture
• Improved complexion
• Reduction of wrinkles and fine lines
• Leveling of deeper lines and wrinkles
• Reduction of sagginess and puffiness
• Lifting of droopy eyelids
• Improved skin pigmentation, with clearing or reduction in age spots
• Improved skin elasticity
• Reduction of acne, rosacea, bell’s palsy, and facial pain
• An overall improvement in your health, in your face, and noticed in your body as well.
What to expect
A typical facial rejuvenation treatment would involve the insertion of about 80 needles, with the majority on the face and head, and some on other parts of the body such as the lower legs, feet, arms and hands. Because it is delicate work, it takes about 30 minutes to get all the needles inserted, and once they are in, they are kept in place for another 30 minutes, followed by a brief face massage.
What is the protocol?
This is a 10 treatment protocol with treatments being scheduled two times per week for five weeks. Each treatment lasts about an hour and a half.
Results last from 3 to 5 years with some maintenance.
The fee for Cosmetic Acupuncture is $200 per session.