Are you feeling under the weather? Fighting something off? Do you get headaches or have an upper respiratory infection? Well, do I have a suggestion for you.
The Warming Socks treatment is an effective, natural method of stimulating the immune system. Warming socks require the body to heat the cold and therefore increase circulation. The energy is pulled away from your head and chest going toward your feet, increasing your overall circulation. When circulation is increased the immune system is stimulated. When you utilize warming socks, the vessels in your feet will constrict as your feet cool down; this sends all the good nutrients into your organs and tissues. These nutrients are needed to fight off infections and stimulate healing. When your feet start to warm up again, your vessels will dilate to release the heat, detoxifying the junk into your blood stream to be disposed through the lymphatics. The alternating of hot and cold creates a pumping mechanism that stimulates your circulation and lymphatics. The results are an active immune system and decreased congestion. This really helps to get things moving. By the morning, your socks will be completely dry.
I have used warming socks for myself and my daughter to fight off fevers and upper respiratory infections. My daughter loves the warming sock treatments and so do her friends. We have woken up the next day with our symptoms almost gone.
While you sleep, your body is magically working to heal itself and the sock treatment can help you fall and stay asleep!
What conditions are Warming Socks used for?
- headaches & migraines
- sore throat
- nasal congestion
- upper respiratory infections (colds, flu)
- sinus infections
- sprains, strains, pain, inflammation of feet/ankles
The warming socks treatment is often best if repeated for three nights in a row.
- If your feet are cool or cold it is important to warm them first. This is very important as the treatment will not be as effective and could be harmful. Warming can be accomplished by soaking your feet in warm water for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, take a pair of cotton socks and get them wet with cold water (up to the ankle is sufficient.) Be sure to wring the socks out thoroughly.
- Put Castor Oil on your feet or the feet who will be receiving the treatment as it will make getting the cold wet socks on easier and more comfortable.
- Place the cold wet socks on your feet. Cover with thick wool socks. Go to bed. Avoid getting chilled.
You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning. Many patients report that they sleep much better during the treatment.